Boy Scout Troop 1would like to thank the members of Trinity United Methodist church for your prayers during our very successful 2012 summer camp. The troop had 23 scouts and 7 leaders spend the week of June 24th at the LaSalle Council’s Camp Tamarac Summer Camp. This was the first summer camp for 10 of our scouts adding to the anticipation and excitement of interacting with over 300 other campers from the Midwest. Even though we had warm temperatures to contend with, your prayers helped keep the unit “cool” and out of the medical clinic to enjoy the week.
Highlights and achievements for the week included:
- Working on requirements for 92 merit badges; successfully completing 67 merit badges.
- Placing 1st and 2nd in the camp-wide Dutch oven dessert cook-off.
- Hosting an inter-unit devotional service with troops from New Paris and Middlebury.
- Completing a canoe trip to Little Wood Lake for a picnic lunch.
- Knighting Sir Anthony for defending our camp against the masked Raccoon hoard.
- Watching the “tapping out” of 3 boys and 2 leaders for Order of the Arrow at the closing campfire.
- Sharing the stories of the week (and some great food) with family and friends on the last night of the camp.
The Scouts and Leaders of Troop 1 want to thank you for your warm send-off and prayers during this important part of the Scouting program.